Thursday, June 5, 2008

STAY AT HOME, SWIM AND PLAY DAY----VISIT TO OLD TOWN---JOHNNY ARRIVED!

Can we say BUDDHA BABY SUN LOVER????? 













What do you use tennis rackets for?????
Goggles are so attractive....
The previous cold day disappeared overnight and we woke to blue skies and warm air.  We took advantage of the weather to play tennis and swim.  The day was our "at home" day and we enjoyed relaxing and playing together.


























Old Town is a quaint part of San Diego.  It has old adobe buildings representative of early settlers.  There is a town square, shops, and restaurants.  We ate at a great Mexican restaurant.  We sat outdoors among the flowers and birds.  The restaurant has a three member mariachi band that serenades the people while they eat.  They chose to sing 'Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer' to our table because of our cute little grandsons.  We all clapped and sang along too.  
Another interesting stop in Old Town is the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center.  Unfortunately, the visitors center closed for a year of renovation the week we arrived.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Love the picture of Crew! I know Emily and the boys had a great time on the trip.

Emily said...

Thank you for such a great trip. I am missing the relaxing fun time already.

Anonymous said...

How Fun! I am so jealous! It looks like you all had a great vacation together - I wish we could have joined you.... then I wouldn't be here - up to my neck in boxes and packing tape! :)

Laurel said...

this was such a great trip thanks so much and thanks for posting so we can see the cute pictures! love you!