Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trip to Idaho Falls to Watch Em Run and Colton Play Baseball

I drove to Idaho Falls to see Colton play baseball and to watch Emily run her first 10k race. Brady and Laurel had driven to Idaho Falls to visit the DeVries' the day before. Colton is my Monopoly pal. He loves to play games just like his grandma. We played some long and fun games of Monopoly while I visited. The first night Colton beat me badly with hotels on Park Place and Boardwalk. The next night, Cannon beat both of us, but I couldn't convince Colton to give up even though he was totally mortgaged and only had a dollar. Finally, we went to bed at midnight with Cannon being declared the winner. Emily made great Cafe Rio pork for us. We had a great time at Colton's game, and Em, Creed, Crew, Colton, Cannon and Grandma went to see Toy Story 3. I cried so hard that I used all the napkins. Crew sat on the edge of his chair and didn't take his eyes off the screen. Creed was an angel and slept, nursed, and watched the movie. I was so glad I could see the movie with the boys and Em!

Paisley and Crew have so much fun together. They can be the best of friends or fighting over a toy. But most of the time, Paisley and Crew have a great time together for 2 year olds. They watched Barney in Greg and Em's bedroom.

The baseball game was a serious sporting event. Colton's team, The Mets, needed to win to stay playing for the championship. I couldn't have chosen a better game to be at. Colton started as pitcher and then moved to second base. He is good at both of them too. His team was tied going into their last time at bat. It was very tense watching to see how they would do. They ended up scoring and WINNING in overtime. The team was so excited that they piled on top of each other. I was happy for Colton and Greg, the coach!
Colton before the game

Colton had some good hits too

The umpire didn't show up so Greg asked Brady if he would ump the game.
Brady was able to make $25.00 for his time behind the plate.

Crew cracks me up. He loves to be with his dad and brothers on the team bench. He brings his little mitt and ball and has them on his hand during the game. He decided he needed to wear the catcher's gear too. It won't be long and he will be playing ball too.

I can see

Crew also wanted to push Barney and Paisley's baby in the stroller

Cannon had cut his palm on a chain link fence the week before at Colton's game. He was showing me his bandage covering 12 stitches. My stomach lurched looking at his hand.

I was happy being able to hold my two youngest grandchildren

We had to keep a blanket over Creed's face most of the game
because the wind was blowing so hard. Look at that adorable face.

Saturday morning, June 19th, everyone but Cannon was up and at it early. Emily was nervous about running her race and Colton was wondering how he would do in the mile run. Cannon slept on oblivious to the race. We decided the easiest thing was for Greg, Em, Creed and Colton to go to the race, while I stayed home and got Crew and Cannon ready to go a little later. Let's just say that Crew decided he needed a diaper change three times. I fed both the boys and got them ready along with myself. We called Greg and I told him I thought I would miss Em coming across the finish line. I was a wreck. I drove to the race and Greg directed me to parallel park ---- miracle----we had our own race across the street to be near the finish line. I don't think I was there 5 minutes and I heard, "Here comes Emily." I grabbed my camera as fast as I could and got a picture, though not the one I wanted.

Emily and her friend Stacey ran the 10k together

I was so amazed by Emily. She ran her first 10k in 57 minutes and 51 seconds. Her goal was to run the race in 60 minutes and she definitely met that goal and beat it. I can see the determination in Em's face and eyes as she sees the finish line just ahead.

Em had to stay on the right for the 10k finish line. Way to go Emily!!!!

These girls look great for just finishing a race. Em's friends also ran.
Christine and Amber are on each end of the picture.
They ran the 5k. Amber got third place!


Now it was time to get ready for Colton and Cannon to run the mile race. We walked over to a nearby park where the kids race would begin.

Before the race, Cannon, Peyton, Colton and Carson...all good friends

The entire gang of friends

Brothers......All smiles before they are tired from running

READY

SET

GO!!!

Colton nearing the finish line

Trying to catch a breath---
I was so proud of Colton! He took 3rd and won $10.00 for his age group. Colton ran the mile in 6 minutes and 34 seconds. He did GREAT!

Here comes Cannon

The triplets with their mom Christine. They also ran the mile race.
They are the cutest next door neighbors.

Medals for the finishers. Look at Cannon. Doesn't he have such an expressive face....He is saying, "Grandma, don't make me have a picture. I am so tired and I think I am going to die."
Colton is trying to smile for Grandma.

So much fun and much too short of time in Idaho Falls.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for coming up and supporting us! We love you!

Laurel said...

Glad you documented the run since I couldn't be there. All the pictures are so cute and Em did so awesome! That game was so windy and cold. I love the picture of you warming Pais and Creed. Love ya!

Todd and Megan said...

Love all those pictures...they all did a great job!