Sunday, September 19, 2010

SILLYNESS

Wolthuis posterity

John and these five children are my heartstrings.  How I LOVE being a mother to these GREAT children.  Nothing can bring a smile to my face faster than being with the ones I adore!  I wanted to take some pictures of the kids while we were together for mom's 75th birthday party.  These are the priceless, crazy pictures that ensued.

The sisters thought they would hold their brother for a picture

Strong?

Success!
Brady is directing the next photo shoot

Brady got what he wanted....Johnny on the ground
Bend at your knees when you lift, Jocelyn

The next day, Sunday, we had a combined birthday dinner for Jocelyn, Grandma Char, Johnny and Emily since they all have birthdays within 4 days of each other.  We sliced each of them a rice krispie square and stuck a candle in them.  We sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY without all 4 verses and then said, "Blow out the candles now."  The pictures tell the story.


Getting ready to blow

The finger pointing begins...."Johnny blew out my candle."
Johnny and Emily actually blew out Jocelyn's and Grandma's
Let's try again.  Look at that guilty expression on you know who.

All of the silly things make for such happy memories.  I can't wait until we can all be together again.  

5 comments:

Mindy M. said...

I love your kids ~ I feel like they are mine, too. Oh ya, I helped raise most of them. What would I do if I didn't have the memories of staying with you every summer and in between? You are the greatest!! I love you and your family so much!! Looking at these pictures make me smile. That was such a fun day!

Todd and Megan said...

I agree with Mindy...I can't help but smile when looking at these pictures! I am so blessed to have the parents and siblings that I do...I love every minute spent with you all! And yes Mindy, you are like my older sister and not my aunt and I adore you as well! Love all of your posts below as well...looks like you had a blast in Pittsburgh. So glad that you were able to visit Laurel...those visits are everything when you live away from home as you well know! Love you and miss you!!!

oops! said...

Love Love Love your family!

Emily said...

So much fun! I love that we are so close and can have so much fun together!

Steph and Brady said...

You have such a great family. I love all of your kids. How fun to have them all together.