Thursday, January 8, 2009

PAISLEY JANE--SWEET LITTLE GRANDDAUGHTER

PAISLEY JANE
January 7
6 lbs. 2.8 ounces
19 inches 

Laurel and Brady were supposed to be at the hospital at 7:00 am.  Laurel called Ogden Regional and they told her there were no rooms available.  She was to call back if she hadn't heard from them by 11:00am.  They called and told Laurel to be at the hospital by noon.  Unfortunately, after being settled in her room, completing paperwork, etc. the nurse started the IV with pitocin but the alarm on the pump kept going off...so no pitocin drip.  Dr. Johannson came at 3:30 pm and broke Laurel's water and still no pitocin.  Finally about 4:00 pm the drip worked and Laurel was already in labor and trying so hard to entertain us and be the bravest girl through all the contractions.  She was amazing......we teased a bit and I kept a record of some of the labor quotes:  (these were pre-epidural so Laurel was in pain when she made comments)

Thank you Laurel and Brady for sharing this precious event with us.  You are so generous.
Laurel:  "I hope my next baby is breech (like Cannon) so I can have a C-section."
       "Brady, don't touch me."
       "We are going to go from 8 kids to 1."
Brady:   "Jocey, Laurel is the only one in this room who can make noise chewing ice."
       "The baby's name is Paisley and if you suggest Audrey, I am going to break your calves."
When Leslie, the RN and mom of Brady was talking about pushing in delivery, Brady informed her, "The uterus isn't used for a bowel movement."
Jocelyn:  "I am never having a baby, ever."
Emily asked Brady if he was cutting the cord and he replied, "Me or Veronica, we haven't decided."  (Brady has been a good sport to include me with their lives.)
Laurel (after epidural) I love you Brady!

Even Great-aunt Mindy and cousin Ashlyn
came to give moral support during labor.

The sweetest picture of Brady and Laurel during labor

We were all preparing for the delivery while we waited for the doctor to arrive....notice the men are pretty calm--We did have a pretty full room with Brady, his mom, Leslie, John, me, Emily, Jocey, the doctor, the two delivery nurses, and the 3 NICU nurses, and I can't forget the most important person---LAUREL....Laurel thanks for letting us all witness the miracle of BIRTH! 
The soon-to-be father and grandfather
The two aunts getting their cameras ready

The two excited grandmas with Laurel---notice we look like we coordinated our outfits

We were all so thankful when Paisley finally arrived safely.  3 NICU nurses were immediately in action as soon as Brady cut Paisley's cord.  Dr. Johannson was calm and efficient as she suctioned the baby as soon as her head was delivered.  She quickly finished the delivery, clamped the cord and passed the baby to the NICU nurses since there was meconium in Laurel's broken waters.  They suctioned her nose and throat for at least 15 minutes, the hoses making dreadful sounds. I had a hard time controlling my fears, but the baby handled everything so well and hardly fussed at all.  What a blessing to have an outstanding doctor and nurses to take care of mother and baby.  We weren't able to take any pictures till after the nurses took care of Paisley.
Paisley just entering the world....she is clutching the side of 
the bassinet for dear life!  She weighed 6 lbs. 2.8 ounces...
Brady worked along side the NICU nurse
Grandpa and Grandma Mock
Laurel was FINALLY able to hold newborn Paisley

Little Paisley had a few visitors to see her the day after she arrived.  

Aunt Jocey loves her little niece----- A four generation picture
Great Grandma Char with Paisley and Steph and Brady 

Cannon was so sweet with his new little cousin.  Then, Em and the boys
piled in her Tahoe and drove back to Idaho.  Thanks Em for driving so far to be with Laurel.  

The miracle of birth is another testament to God as our creator.  What a blessing to know that families are part of Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness.  Laurel and Brady will be wonderful parents.  We are very grateful for our new grandchild.  

14 comments:

MoRgAn! said...

Oh she is just precious! CONGRATS! What an amzing thing! They will make such great parents!! Have fun with a new little girl!!

Amee Campbell said...

Congratulations Veronica on your little granddaughter! I am so happy for Laurel and Brady! Love you!

Jill said...

I love sweet Paisley already!!! Can't believe I missed her by 1 day. So sad!! She's darling. I love all the labor comments!! I can especially picture Joc saying "I'm never having kids"!!!! I bet the room was full of laughter. So glad all went well, and Laurel did so well. Congrats again!!! Love you all!!!!

Todd and Megan said...

THANK YOU so much for sharing all of these pictures...I sure have been sad missing out on everything! I absolutley love and adore baby Paisley already and can't wait to snuggle her in a few weeks!

Kristin said...

What a beautiful baby. Congratulations. I love the pre-epidural comments. They are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

This post made me laugh and cry. What a sweet moment. I must tell you that this little girl means a lot to me because I know that she is a little spirit who was very recently knew my mom and my mom knew her as well. Congratulations!

Emily said...

She really is so beautiful and a day I will remember forever. Thanks Laurel for letting me share in a very special day with you!

Steph and Brady said...

Oh my goodness, she really is so beautiful! I was a little teary looking at those pictures, especially the one with Brady and Laurel and Brady and Paisley. He loves those girls so much! Laurel really is going to be such a wonderful mom just like you! Congratulations on a beautiful new granddaughter!

Mindy M. said...

She is SO beautiful! Can't wait to kiss and love her! Brady are Laurel are going to be wonderful parents! Love all the comments from the pre-delivery! Laurel is so funny!

10zfam said...

congrats to laurel and brady. paisley is such a pretty baby. i'm glad everything went well

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You are such a beautiful, wonderful grandma! Laurel and Brady will be amazing parents. She is a beautiful little girl and how blessed she is to have such wonderful family! Love you!

Nicole said...

Veronica, I love reading your blog, and most of the time it makes me cry. You have a beautiful family. Congrats on your new precious granddaughter.

DreamPacker said...

Congratulations everyone! Thanks for giving us a play-by-play. So fun! Cute baby. Cute name. It was actually one I considered, but my last two were boys.

Heidi said...

That was fun to read. I love the quotes, especially "brady, don't touch me." Sounds like I have a lot to look forward to in two months!