Jocelyn, Mr. Rowley (35th year as tour director), Sarah, Emily and Dalen......all part of the first group of tourists. Others will join in Italy.
Shauna Shaw is Jocelyn's group leader....we are lucky....Shauna is our neighbor, friend and fellow ward member. I feel comfort having Shauna "mother" Jocelyn for a month.
Jocelyn and I stayed awake till about 1:00 am on Monday night. Then we set 4 different alarms to make sure that we woke up at 3:45 am so that we could get to the airport for her to leave for Europe. It has been two days and I still find myself thinking I am going to call Jocey about something or I want to do something with her. I MISS HER! I spoke to her for a few minutes today from Athens. It was almost dinner time for her. She said they had taken a steep trail to look down on the Acropolis. Jocey described it as amazingly beautiful. Today, they went to the beach and as she was walking into the water, a Greek man followed her in and asked, "Why are you so white? Don't you ever see the sun or a beach?" Her pale complexion intrigued him. She did have a little shopping experience in buying a skirt, shirt, shoes, and a headband.......day two in Europe......how will she get everything home? I am so glad Jocey can have this experience....Laurel did the same tour in 2004 and LOVED it! I love you and miss you Jocelyn. BE SAFE AND CAUTIOUS!
Susan's beautiful headstone.
Whitney's little baby boy bump
I was able to spend a little time with my niece, Whitney, on Tuesday. How I love this girl. Whitney is still suffering daily from her mom's unexpected passing last October. She visits her grave each and every day. Whitney has had several miracles in her life this year. Her husband was accepted to Physical Therapy school in Rochester, NY, which is where her oldest brother is doing his orthopedic residency......so now the two families will be together. This is especially important because Whitney and her husband, Steve, are expecting a baby BOY the first of November. Now Julie, her sister-in-law, and Ruby, her dear little niece will be there with her to share time with Whitney and her new little baby. Whitney found out she was pregnant on her mom's birthday. I know the miracles will continue in Steve and Whitney's lives. They deserve every happiness! I love you Whitney and I am going to MISS you. Good luck in Rochester! Can't wait to meet the newest Williams/Whitney family member.





5 comments:
It is sad to have jocey gone, I have thought about her a lot since she has left : (. Whitney looks so adorable and I am so sad I missed lunch, but I am glad you guys go to go!
If Jocey continues her shopping streak with an outfit every 2 days, you're right I don't think she'll be able to bring it all back. Love the "Why are you so white?" story. Too Funny!!! Bet you had a good laugh about that one. What a wonderful experience for her. Whitney is beautiful and I such a tiny pregnant girl. I'm glad you can be there for her.
I love the white story about Jocey! That is funny. Whitney looks adorable. Glad you got to spend time together!
So funny about Jocey...I am so jealous but glad that she is having the experience of a lifetime! Hope you survive ok while she is gone!
You are too sweet. Thank you so much for meeting me for lunch--even though it was fastfood Dairy Keen. I would love to know how the queen contest went and was hoping you would post something about that and not my big belly! Thanks anyway. I can't wait to see you sometime in August. We will talk as it gets closer.
Post a Comment